MSD HOLDS STORM WATER CAPITAL RATE PUBLIC MEETINGS
Feb 26, 2019
MSD HOLDS STORMWATER CAPITAL RATE PUBLIC MEETINGS
The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) is holding informational meetings to discuss the upcoming Stormwater Capital Rate vote on April 2. The proposed Stormwater Capital Rate would address flooding and erosion problems that are currently unfunded. Often, MSD customers ask for help with flooding and erosion because they have nowhere else to turn. MSD has identified approximately 500 flooding and erosion stormwater issues throughout its service area, at a projected price tag of $562M. If voter approved, the issues would be addressed through an impervious surface rate paid by each customer based upon the total surface-area of their property that cannot absorb water, such as rooftops, driveways, and parking lots, etc. While MSD does not own creeks or streams, and local municipalities would retain floodplain management responsibilities, MSD believes it is in the best position to offer comprehensive stormwater services to the community.
Throughout March, MSD will host a series of public meetings to educate its customers on stormwater issues in the region and answer questions about the proposed Stormwater Capital Rate. Public meeting dates are as follows*:
- March 6 at The Pavilion at Lemay, 305 Gregg Road, Lemay, MO 63125
- March 13 at Chesterfield City Hall, 690 Chesterfield Parkway West, Chesterfield, MO 63017. ****LIVE STREAMING MEETING***CHECK WWW.STLMSD.COM/PROPS FOR MORE DETAILS SOON
- March 20 at The Center of Clayton, 50 Gay Avenue, Clayton, MO 63105
- March 21 at The Pointe of Ballwin Common, #1 Ballwin Commons Circle, Ballwin, MO 63021
- March 27 at the Ferguson Community Center-Event Space, 1050 Smith Avenue, Ferguson, MO 63135
*All meetings will be held 6:00-8:00 p.m.
For more information about the proposed Stormwater Capital Rate, visit the MSD website atwww.stlmsd.com/PropS. For questions, contact Sean Hadley, Public Affairs Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 768-6240.
- Coyote Activity
- First Annual Arbor Day Celebration
- RFP - Facilities Needs Assessment RETRACTION
- MSD HOLDS STORM WATER CAPITAL RATE PUBLIC MEETINGS
- Crime Alert
- Safety Reminder
- Chicken Ordinance approved by City Council
- recent crime
- Tips for Controlling/Deterring Deer
- Mulch Resource and Mulch Program discontinuance.
- Telephone Scam
- National Flood Insurance Program - Who's Eligible?
- Emergency Notification Services - CodeRed
9345 Clayton Rd.
9345 Clayton Rd. - Public Works Department
9345 Clayton Rd.
9345 Clayton Road