Recycle Your Cardboard Boxes in Ladue
Thanks to the Ladue Horton Watkins High School students who are working on recycling, there is now a convenient place to recycle all your cardboard boxes.
No more bundling those boxes or wrestling them into blue bags, Just pile them in your car and take them to the west end of the south parking lot of the high school. Flatten the boxes and toss them in the big blue bin marked cardboard.
Recycling is available in Ladue through your regular trash collector. Please contact your collector concerning days of service. Blue bags for the storage of recyclables are available at Schnucks or Schnarrs Hardware. For a list of items that can be recycled, click here.
For information on electronics recycling, go to www.witsinc.org. This organization has recycling events throughout the year at several locations around the area.
For information on recycling or disposal of hazardous household products such as paint, fluorescent lamps, motor oil, and batteries go to www.stlouisco.com/doh.
Storm Water Needs Assessment and website
The City's has hired an engineering firm, HR Green, to perform a citywide storm water needs assessment. In order to collect data from the residents of the community, they have created a user-friendly website. Residents are encouraged to input their storm water concerns directly into the website. This information, along with input collected at public meetings, will be compiled into a map and report of the storm water problem areas.
Click below to report storm water complaints or issues. Create a username and password, then go to the 'Get Involved' tab to get started: http://www.hlplanning.com/portals/ladue
Corrected Project email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project phone number: 636-812-4222
Storm water Public Meetings
May 6, 2015 8:30 - 10:30 am meeting at City Hall
May 19, 2015 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm meeting at City Hall
June 4, 2015 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm meeting at City Hall
CURRENT PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS
1. McKnight Road and Bridge Improvements and Sidewalk Improvements (80% Federal 20% City for Right-of-way and Construction phases) –
- Gershenson Construction is under contract for construction in the amount of $2,316,538.71 with Horner and Shifrin performing the construction administration for the project on behalf of the City
- The City’s project consists of the replacement of two bridges, pavement rehabilitation, and sidewalk installation on the east side of McKnight between Clayton Road and Ladue Road. Sidewalk, storm sewer, and wall installation are ongoing, but nearing completion.
- The northern bridge just south of Robin Hill was substantially complete on November 17, 2014. The south bridge near Black Creek was substantially complete on April 17th. Both bridge replacements met the project schedule requirements.
- Remaining items for completion include milling and overlaying of pavement, and pavement markings.
- The overall project completion is scheduled for May 22,2015.
2. Price Road improvements: sidewalk and pavement rehabilitation from Delmar to Clayton (80% Federal, 20% City for Design, ROW, and Construction) – The City and a right-of-way consultant, O.R. Colan, has completed the acquisition of the necessary easements from 15 property owners. Final plans have been submitted for final approval to MoDOT. It is anticipated that construction will begin in Summer 2015 and extend to Fall 2015.
3. Citywide Beautification Framework Plan
- Bids for the stepping stone installation will be obtained in summer 2015 as part budgeted improvements for the park.
- Christner has developed concept designs for Clayton/Warson Open Space Design and Path Connections and presented them to the key stake holder group and to the Public Works Committee. Christner presented the concept plans and cost estimates to City Council at their April 27, 2015 meeting.
4. Lay Road Improvements (80% Federal Funding, 20% City of Ladue Funding)
The City of Ladue was successful in obtaining federal funds for the Lay Road Improvements project which will consist of the installation of sidewalk on the west side of the road, storm sewer improvements, and pavement rehabilitation. The funding for the design phase is available 10/1/15. The request for qualifications for engineering consulting services will be issued mid-year 2015.
5. Stormwater Needs Assessment (Stormwater Fund)
HR Green was selected to perform the Storm water needs assessment for the City and their contract was approved at the February City Council meeting.
HR Green is getting underway with the storm water needs assessment and has walked approximately 21 miles of creek channel. They will walk the remaining channels in May 2015. They have developed a project website: http://www.hlplanning.com/portals/ladue where residents can learn more about the project and create data points for problem locations. This information is linked from the Public Works Departmental page on the City’s website: http://www.cityofladue-mo.gov/. HR Green has begun mapping existing complaint data on file with MSD and the City. They are also working on a basic hydraulic model of the entire City which may illustrate problem locations that have not be included on complaints from residents. The first of three Public Meetings was held on May 6, 2015 from 8:30 am – 10:30 am. HR Green was also present at the Dogwood Festival to collect data. Two additional public meetings are scheduled for May 19, 2015 from 4 pm – 6 pm and June 4, 2015 from 4 pm – 6 pm. HR Green developed a tri-fold mailer that has been distributed to all households within Ladue that explain the program, provide meeting dates, and the link to the project website. All input and existing information will be compiled, analyzed, and categorized and provided to the City in a final report. The needs assessment is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
6. Dielman Road Improvements
The Public Works Department submitted a Federal funding application for sidewalk and roadway improvements on Dielman Road between Ladue Road and Tamarack and will be informed by summer regarding the status of the application.
DID YOU KNOW?
Do you have questions or want to know more about the Public Works Department? Click the links below:
Ladue Department of Public Works
9345 Clayton Rd
Ladue, MO 63124