James Towey, Prosecuting Attorney
* Court Proceedings are held at: Ladue City Hall located at 9345 Clayton Road, Ladue, MO 63124
* Attorney call on court night begins at 5:30 pm
Procedures and Practices for the Prosecutor’s Office – Updated
Pursuant Supreme Court Rule 37.04, all requests for recommendation for an alternative disposition of any charge must be sent directly to the Prosecutor’s office henceforward the municipal court will not process any requests for recommendations. It is your responsibility to ensure that a separate request for recommendation is sent to the Prosecutor’s office.
Requests for Recommendations:
* Please mail your entry of appearance, request for recommendation and request for discovery (if applicable) to: The City of Ladue, Attention: James Towey, Prosecuting Attorney, 9345 Clayton Road, Ladue, MO 63124.
* Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your recommendation.
* You may also fax your request to (314) 993-5652 (IF FAXED DO NOT DO MAIL) If you fax your request, you will receive your recommendation by fax.
* If you wish to confirm receipt of your entry and request, submit an additional copy of your entry and a self-addressed stamped envelope which will be date stamped and returned to you.
* Recommendations are usually mailed back to attorney of record no later than 10 days after the court date.
Continuances can only be granted by the Judge. Requests for continuances may be filed by mail or fax, but said continuances are not granted until approved by the Judge. As an attorney, if you request a continuance, do not assume is has been granted. The attorney assumes the risk of a request for continuance being denied, particularly if said Motion to Continue is not filed at least 5 days prior to the court date.
Acceptance of Recommendation:
If the recommendation from the prosecuting attorney does not require an appearance and is payable outside of Court, the defendant and attorney must sign the recommendation and forward the signed document to the Court prior court date. If payment is not made in accordance with the recommendation prior to the court date or paid in full on the court date, the defendant and the attorney must appear in person on the court date. The recommendation by the prosecuting attorney is not entered into the court records until the signed (by defendant and attorney) recommendation has been filed with the Court. The court administrator is not able to accept payment on a recommendation until the signed recommendation has been filed with the Court.
Request for Recall of Warrants:
If any attorney seeks a warrant recalled, said attorney shall file and entry of appearance with the court by mail or fax (NOT BOTH). The entry may include a request to have the warrant recalled or a request to have the bond reduced. The Judge reviews all request to recall warrants. Once he has his decision the court administrator will notify you. If granted, you will be given a new court date, which if you would like a recommendation from the prosecuting attorney you must send the request by the new court date. If denied you can still request a recommendation from the prosecuting attorney, once paid the warrant will be cancelled and case will be closed.